Since Danny is everyday more willing to eat by himself, I wanted to find more recipes for finger foods. I recently found this recipe of Broccoli and Cheddar Quinoa Bites and love the combination. Danny really loves cheese and broccoli, so I figure he’ll love these. I made some adjustment to the recipe and prepared a batch. At first Danny was hesitant to try them, but after giving him a piece to taste, he really enjoyed them.
This Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites are really quick and easy to make. I like them too, and are very convenient for a anytime. I also have some as a side on my lunch. The quinoa I had it prepared ahead of time, if not they will take about 15 min more to make. Also I steamed the broccoli before so it was softer for Danny to chew on it. I realize that he still can’t bite the foods even with his 6 teeth!. So I have to steam the vegetables until they are very soft. The mix of the ingredientes takes about 5 min and they baked it for 15 to 20 minutes. With the recipe I made about 36 bites in a muffin tray, and I had some mixture left and baked it in another cup. I’m sure I’ll make this recipe again!. These Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites are a tasty dinner for the whole family!
I hope you enjoy them ase well!!
Broccoli Cheddar and Quinoa Bites
Yields: 30 to 36 bites
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa. I cooked it ahead of time
- 1½ cups chicken broth or water (for cooking quinoa). I used some chicken stock I had frozen
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed red pepper (optional) to taste
- pinch of salt (optional)
- If you don’t have the quinoa pre-cooked, just take 15 minuted to cook according to package directions. And let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, eggs, broccoli, onion, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray. I used coconut oil.
- Put a tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely.