We need to be eating 5-6 times a day to keep the metabolism working. I usually get 5 meals a day (Breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack and dinner), and between my main meal I always try to include some healthy snack. But nothing like chips, or sweets or soda, that’t not going to get you closer o your goals, instead that will get push you backward!
Here’s a list of ideas for you snacks, that you can incorporate between your meals. Be mindful of the portions of some of them, for example if you are getting almonds, or any other kind of nuts, stick to your portion control because they can add calories quickly:
- Chopped vegetables with lemon and pepper to taste, use ricotta or light cream cheese as a dip.
- Yogurt (Greek), chopped fruits and nuts.
- 12 Walnuts and almonds.
- Peanut butter sandwich
- Chopped Fruit
- Apple or pear slices with peanut butter.
- Cheese cubes and crackers.
- Turkey breast rolls.
- Lettuce tacos stuffed turkey breast and cheese.
- Light gelatin.
- 1 cup natural corn popcorn.
- Carrots or celery with hummus.
- Hummus on crackers, or pita bread.
- Cottage cheese with strawberries and nuts, topped with shredded coconut.
- Sweet potato (medium) cooked in water or baked.
- Rice cake with peanut butter (PB)
- 3 egg whites (cooked)
- Protein bar. I Love P90X protein bars
- 1 scoop of Shakeology (with water, almond or coconut milk)
- 12 almonds (natural)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal with dried fruit or fresh fruit
I hope it helps you and let me know how if goes!
I’m excited to share with you more tips to stay healthy, so please post a comment with the topics you will like to read more about!
Remember, Nutrition is Wellness!!